Membre de :
My research focuses on the study of the population dynamics and evolution of the transposable elements (TEs), one type of repeats, mainly in insect genomes (Petrov et al, MBE 2011; Barron et al, Annual Review of Genetics, 2014; Maumus et al, Current Opinion in Insect Science 2015). I am also particularly interested in the impact of TEs on genome structure (Fiston-Lavier et al, Genome Research 2007), evolution and adaptation (Kelley et al Nature Comm. 2014). Another interest of my research is to assess the veracity of the new sequencing technologies and develop tools for the detection, annotation and analyze of TEs (McCoy et al PLoS One, 2014; Fiston-Lavier et al NAR 2011, 2014; Bogaerts-Márquez et al Bioinformatics, 2020).
– Junior member of the Institut Universitaire de France (IUF)
– Member of the teaching committee of the master in Bioinformatics
– Responsible for the educational innovation project “Bioinformatics Learning Lab” (BILL) (since 2018)
– Member of the MalariaGen project (https://www.malariagen.net/)
– Recommender to PCI (Peer Community in) in Evolutionary Biology, Genomics and Registred Reports